Blesfontein Guest Farm (Unit 3 and 4)Cowshed and Milk Stable
Contact Nicol and Marina van der Merwe
Tel:+27(0)23 5712 631
Cell:+27 (0)83 444 5810
Click on ‘Make a booking enquiry’ above to email Blesfontein directly.
3. The Cowshed Honeymoon Suite
For a Honeymoon Couple or a family of four. The Honeymoon Suite is a large, stone building, with a open-plan living unit with lots of candles. The bathroom has a luxurious round bath, and the building is situated in the peace and tranquility that only a Karoo Farm offers. This option is fully equipped for self-catering. The sleeping arrangements include one double bed and 2 single beds.
4. The Milk Stable:
The Milk Stable is a family accommodation option, situated in a stone building where cows used to be milked in the morning. It has a fireplace to keep you warm in winter. This is a budget friendly unit, not equipped for self-catering, and can sleep up to family of four. It is the only unit without a kitchen. Sleeping arrangements consist of one double and two single beds. It has bathroom with shower.
Come and enjoy stargazing nights with Nicol at his own observatory at the farm.
From Blesfontein it takes about 40min to drive to Sutherland and another 20min to the Observatory. It is a gravel road but we do our best to keep it in order. NO 4x4 needed but a little more ground clearance will always help.
We have been inspected by the Tourism Grading Council of SA and was approved as a Two star graded Guest House.
We do not have a liquor license, and do not officially sell liquor, but will help out from our private collection of cold beer and several wines.
There is MTN signal in our house and on other higher areas of the farm, as well as for parts of the road between Sutherland and Blesfontein, but unfortunately Vodacom and Cell C signal only in Sutherland. Wifi available in main house. (password: 34445810)
• Your tariffs do not include food. Please refer to separate menu page.
• Make sure hot water instructions were explained and are understood. Failure to do so may result in a cold shower.
TARRIFS FOR EXTRAS:
• Accommodation (self catering sharing) R330/person/night
Single tariff: R400 pppn
• Honeymoon suite: 350/person/night
• Children ( under 12 sharing with parents): R 120
(Small children in own carry cots or sharing parents’ bed do not pay.)
Breakfast: R100 per person / R50 per child
Dinner: Three course meal: R300 per person (R80 per child);
Takeaway Curry: R70; Takeaway lamb chops: R100
• Drive to escarpment (our vehicle): R 130 (per drive)
• Firewood (per bag/ crate): R 30
• Horse Riding ( 1 hour out ride): R 150
• Long ride with snacks and drinks: R500
(Half a day trip to escarpment and bigger game area. Only for groups of 3 or more competent riders on prior arrangement on perfect weather days. )
• 30 min walk pony ride in arena : R 80
• Very short pony ride in arena: R 50
• 3km assisted pony ride: R 100
• Horse riding lesson (up to 70kg): R 200
- Rate: Accommodation (self catering sharing) R330/person/night Single tariff: R400 pppn • Honeymoon suite: 350/person/night • Children ( under 12 sharing with parents): R 120 (Small children in own carry cots or sharing parents’ bed do not pay.)
- Physical Address: Blesfontein is situated 28 km south west of Sutherland. On the Bo-Visriver road towards Ouberg Pass.
- Grading: 2 Star Tourism Grading Council Of South Africa