7. Second Honeymoon Suite
A suite that caters for a self-catering for couple with perhaps one child. This is not one of the original stables, but is a newly built stone building to complement the surrounding stone work in the kraal.
The unit offers a double bed, an open plan bathroom (separate toilet) with big oval bath. It’s fully equipped for self-catering and very spacious! Situated high in wall of stone kraal, this unit offers a lovely view and privacy.
Let your children meet and touch a wide variety of farm animals like ponies, cows, chicken, dwarf goats, bottle fed lambs, ostriches, donkeys, miniature pigs, rabbits, peacocks, geese and ducks.
The tame farmyard animals are harmless and friendly. Although all the animals are fed regularly you are allowed to feed them at any time of the day.
On Blesfontein you may see Blesbok, Gemsbok, Springbok, Duiker, Steenbok, Grey Rheebuck, Zebra and Black Wildebeest.
Several smaller species like the African Wild cat, Lynx, Mongoose, Porcupine, Black back jackal and the Skunk occur on the farm. We have seen more than 30 bird species and several reptiles.
In the cement reservoir next to the Poplar trees down the hill we have 10 big Koi Fish and several smaller Koi Fish. You are allowed to feed them special Koi Fish pellets (In a bottle hidden under a bush near the dam) and PLEASE only about 20 pellets at a time.
Meals available on Blesfontein
• Breakfast: R 100 (adults); R 50 (kids)
• Formal 3 course dinner: R300 (adults); R 80 (kids) (to be booked in advance)
• Take away lamb chops and chips: R 100 (supper) (Adult portions only, so if you want smaller portions for kids, book a normal portion and share it yourself please)
• Take away curry and rice: R 70 (supper) (Adult portions only, so if you want smaller portions for kids, book a normal portion and share it yourself please)
PLEASE NOTE THAT TAKE AWAYS WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOUR LIVING UNIT AND NOT BE EATEN IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM
• Although we respect Halaal, Vegan or Vegetarian visitors – we unfortunately are unable to cater food for these guests, and they would therefore need to cater for themselves.