Situated on our farm, 1.3 km outside Sutherland, Middelfontein Farm offers three accommodation types.
The large two bedroom farmhouse(Fontein) is ideal for a family experience on a farm. Yet just around the corner of town to experience all of Sutherland’s hospitality.
Click through to read more about this guest house/guest farm and make a booking enquiry or Contact Juanita Hutchings
- Rate: R470.00 per person sharing per night. R570.00 single
- Physical Address: 1.3 km from Sutherland towards the Calvinia road, just outside town.
We moved to Sutherland for its fresh air and tranquility.
At Blue Moon we want you to experience the same.
A luxurious and warm Karoo home with coffee shop. Free Wi-fi Available!
Contact: Jannie en Roelien Degenaar
Click through to read more about this Guest house/Restaurant/pasty chef and make a booking enquiry directly to Blue moon Guest House and Restaurant.
- Rate: From R380 per person sharing and R420 per single person. *Please note rates are subject to change. Contact Blue Moon for updated rates.
- Type: Guest House
Click through to read more about this guest house and make a booking enquiry or Contact Dave and Denise
Having travelled around the world together, Denise and her husband David, amateur astronomer and retired tour manager at the Observatory (currently doing private, lazer star gazing on request), now welcome you to their stone cottage on grounds dotted with fruit trees and grapevines.
- Rate: Rates available on request.
- Physical Address: 1 Primrose Street,Sutherland,Northern Cape
- Type: Guest House
We at Blesfontein Guest Farm , offer 10 fully equipped self-catering units. Each unit has an inside- and outside fire place for cooking or to enjoy the heat of a cosy “kaggel” fire in winter.
The kitchens are equipped with electric and/or gas stoves. Most of the units were stone built stables which we converted into rather unique accommodation units.
The others were old farm buildings converted for convenience, without losing their character.
At night, Nicol takes our visitors stargazing in our amateur observatory where we have two telescopes.
During the day the freedom of the farm is yours to enjoy. Bring your own 4x4 or hire ours to take a scenic drive to the viewpoint at the edge of the escarpment. On the way you may see Blesbuck, Zebra, Springbuck, Grey Rheebuck, Steenbok and Black Wildebeest, not to mention the Meercat family, the Tortoises, the Skunks, our resident Black Backed Jackals and several bird species.
Click through to read more about Blesfontein and make a booking enquiry or Contact Nicol and Marina
- Rate: Accommodation (self catering sharing) R330/person/night Single tariff: R400 pppn Honeymoon suite: 350/person/night Children ( under 12 sharing with parents): R 120 (Small children in own carry cots or sharing parents’ bed do not pay.)
- Grading: 2 Star Tourism Grading Council Of South Africa
Esel’s Rus is a Newly renovated guesthouse situated in a quiet area 400m from the town centre.
Just a walk around the corner to enjoy all of Sutherland’s hospitality.
Enjoy the fresh Karoo air, the unique architecture and all of nature while you stroll along the streets of Sutherland.
Click through to read more about Esel’s Rus Guesthouse and make a booking enquiry or Contact Christina
- Rate: R300.00 per person per night sharing - self catering R350.00 per person per night sharing BREAKFAST INCLUDED!Please book in advance.
- Physical Address: 4 Plein Street, Sutherland